Friendship

Strangely, the idea of friendship suddenly crossed my mind as I was walking down to buy some books at Popular...

Exactly what consititute a friendship? People can know each other for years and yet still remain the status of aquaintance. At the same time, people can just know each other for a few seconds and instantly become good buddies. Such situations happen to everyone, including me. Is it because out of a sudden, something in common just struck the both of us that we have so much to talk about? Or is it just the sudden chemistry? Or is it just fate? This leads me to a group of friends whom I know for about 1 month, the group of people who are there with me during my Gen Acts experience for the past few weeks, the 'sixy' gang. Practically, we seem to meet up almost everyday, but then, is there something still lacking in our friendship? I know for sure that my core values are totally different from everyone of them, after talking extensively about myself. I dun expect my friends to have the same core values with me, but then... does that make it difficult to communicate? So far, there has been no problem with me and them. In fact I enjoyed their company a lot. I think that they are a great bunch of friends.... Or maybe it's just that I have not been through enough with them...

Looking all around me, I see a lot of defunct friendship that is hanging on the line. I won't wanna name names here as I know this is gonna be desvatating and people normally get defensive. I may even end up destroying the friendships, which I don't want. But then... if you think that a friendship is on the verge or showing symptoms, please do make the effort to do something about it. The problem may lie with you, may lie with another party, but it doesn't matter. Sort it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection