A good day

Note: this entry is posted on the 18/7/2005 0010hrs.

Midnight just passed... she's 21 now and I think I'll let it pass... Not a good way for me to remember her though.

Yesterday was quite an exciting day for me. Finally, my first chance going on stage to perform a solo number in front of an audience. I woke up in the morning 0630hrs, and saw rains.... it was nice to sleep... but I had a performance to take care of. Went to Clark Quay in the morning to meet up with the rest of the group for one final round of rehearsal. Too bad, Kavita couldn't make it, but hope she's feeling better now. Gen Acts Idol was the event of the day at Liang Court. The beginning was quite interesting, the solo singers from the first five groups were good and their group performance was also 'there'... though I think my group performance is even more 'there'. I was bascially quite nervious when I was performing my solo, but I got high eventually, think I really put up an impressive performance. Shocked the whole ground with my second song, a rap song called 'tell me' by Wilber Pang. Everyone seemed so impressed, except maybe for the judges, cos for god know why I didn't get into the finals. Disappointed sia but I think it's an experience. There are people who don't believe that it's my first time on stage. Even so, I was already quite high on singing, never expected the whole group to agree to go KTV after the whole thing , but I dun mind, since I was high already and would probably sing without the music anyway.....

They say that I'm in my own world when I sing. Maybe so, I put all my emotions into my singing, and thru that, I'm able to relate my experience with the songs I sing. It's good, though I think I'm the only one who does that.

Really look forward to school.... and forward to my success too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity