Too long, too bad, too sad

Have been quite a long time since I last updated my blog.... About 10 months or so, I dun know. A lot has happened since the last post.... of course, 10 months leh. Siaoz!!

The end of 2004 was quite a boring and exciting time for me. Biz was actually picking up.... apparently but with certain setbacks of course. I could never imagine that people can be so low confident that they are scared of doing anything, despite the fact that they need to do something. I won't spell names but really, people were weird. Camp life then was a bit strange, better that 2003, but kena forced to clear my offs and leaves which, although I didn't want to, I was glad that I did.

January 2005 was quite a miserable and yet unusual time for me. Got attached to Sungei Gedung for a month of duty, with LL again. Really ll sia. Sungei some more, though it was near my place but really arh, that place also quite ulu. Been through a sad birthday in camp. On the bright side, i was hoping that I can start clearing leaves after that month. Got a total of about 6-8 days off from January. Did my last guard duty then too. I was so excited by the thought of ORD. Seeing Andrew and Ashton ORD really gave me a sense of loss. REally missed the time when I first got in, everything was so fun, although we were in an environment we didn't want.

Febuary 2005- shocked to find out that I have to participate for the COC. What the f+++????? Just because I ORD in April???? My God. When I calculated my leaves and off, I had just only barely enough time to clear, and I still have to attend rehearsals and parade. Damn!!!! But then, on the other side, the pink IC was in sight. And furthermore, there was more changes to my biz. Things seem to look a lot more brighter. Andrew and Ashton ORD in this month. Sad sad sad.... But then I had to disappear from camp from then. It was a good time for me to enjoy a good break.... other than the COC. Stupid thing.

March and April really makes me feel qutie sianz, cos I really disappeared from camp and everyday I slept in the morning and woke up just before lunch.... what a life. Biz getting better but not good enough for me. But really, the months were quite exciting though. PSC was a damn good course loh, that two days, I really gave it all out. I have never gave in so much in my entire life then. YP school the following week also provided me a good chance to network with more YP ppl. My group- the Young Guns was such an exciting team. And I was so excited in finally getting to meet other ppl from other branches. Sometime, really hate my BP branch for not able to create chances for me to network with other branches, and keeping info within themselves. Nevertheless, the YP school was a start for my very long journey. And really, I could almost smell my pink IC. The feeling of freedom.

10 April 2005- the day I collected my Pink IC, too bad that bitch from 0201A wasn't there in the morning. Nothing much Damien could do. Really nothing, cos even when that bitch came back, she intended to keep me till 5pm. What the f*** for? I was honoured to be able to do one last thing for OC but then I never intended to stay beyond 3pm the most. Heck lah, just give me my Pink IC lah!!!! But it was good feeling then, to get back that piece of thing that has eluded me for the past two years and 4 months. I was ..... FREE!!!!!

Really, May was nothing for me, except the chance to help Jean facilitate her training courses in the schools. I thought I could really use some of my experience to help her and in the same time learn some new stuffs. We went to Braddell Westlake for the first stop. It was a three days course and I enjoyed it a lot. I actually impressed everyone for being the music person for that round. They didn't expect me to be able to do it so well. Well, well, I'm so incredible and it felt like being a DJ... hahaha. The kids were so lively, too bad I didn't have much chance to interact with them. At least got to know ppl like Andy, Lilian, Yvonne, Jo, Damien, Rick and others. Next stop was MacPherson, it was just a 3 hours affair but at least I got to be a facilitator to do debrief. It was so fun, although the students do get restless. Jurongville was really the last stop, and for that, I really thank Jo for giving the chance to help out, cos there was only 10 students and it was a 1 day affair. But then, it was still good experience. It makes me wonder if I can really set up my own training biz or not. Maybe I can join Jean and Jo for their biz..... just an idea, but it really provides me another way out, as in being a teacher in MOE is no longer in my mind anymore. Who cares about teaching in schools........

June.... the next PSC, reminded me of the one I attended, except that this time, I was helping Jason to go through the course, just like what CY has done. I think I gave even more for this round, even though I was only there to help out. Can tell by my illness which really plagued me for two weeks. But this month also quite exciting. Got to know a lot of ppl from NUS, cos Gen Acts actually invited me to a welcome tea and I actually decided to sign up for their matriculation package. It sounded fun. Got to know ppl like Robert and Kenneth, another two history siao like me. Finally there are ppl like me, hahaha. Actually joined them for DOTA and movie that week, well, found them to be quite an interesting lot. I also watched Initial D.... was so intrigued by the racing scene... and my TRUENO AE86!!!!!!

2 July - it was a YP single nite's out and the launch of the YP moblog group. I thought I could really make some new friends here. I did, but then..... it was cheap entry lah, $10 per tix, though I dun know why I was not pre-registered despite me telling my chairman I wanna go. Free flow of drinks till 1030, but it was where the trouble started. I began to drink glass after glass of volka lime, cos the alcohol was so dilluted. I couldn't get high enough when the dance floor opened. Heck.... then SandD and her friends appeared... I didn't know that Kat, Ah Lau's ex was among them too. But it was great meeting ppl I know. It was sorta awk, cos I was mixing with Kat and gang and I was the only guy. Fortunately I could get them to dance with me, but whewwwwwwww, they really drink sia. But then, up to here, I won't elaborate much anymore but to those who are so kpo, one last piece of details- I was never so drunk in my life before. I dun think I need to talk any further, cos the following day was the beginning of my Gen Acts camp.

3 July- Immediately after my morning brisk walk and stuff, I rushed down to Tampines SAFRA.... why there. So far. Was in the same group as history Robert, Kenneth, Edwin Jiexian (I call her Xian 姐), Qiaoping, Christine, Michelle, Kavita and Xinying (pronounce singing?). The group name's Sixy... whoa what an interesting name.... and the cheer too. The games at Tampines was fun, though I think so seem so stupid, especially the sms game. How could ppl sms that within 5 min? Siao leh. Part B was quite unusual.... we actually engaged on an altrinsic journey, which I won't talk much but it was fun... I think. Part C came after dinner, which we had when we reached Aloha at 1830. It was a trade war. Quite a straight forward game for me, cos it was just buying and selling. It was so like an 'S' type biz. Not my style but I could have applied some experience in it. But running about...... the team could have made a profit if we were able to find shanvannar then, but where were they? Then I made some calculation mistake...... heck!!!! Why we lost????? haiz..... Then, after everything, I thought it's finally rest time. I just know that things wouldn't turn up so easy, allowing us to sleep from 2330 to next morning. True enough, I got turned out at 0230. I was cursing and swearing.... almost packed up and left cos I'm not gonna let anyone turn me out after Army. Can you imagine, they actually turned us out to make us do a few stupid IQ questions..... Wah lau, I was pissed off loh...

4 July - 2nd day of the camp. After the turn out in the morning, actually woke up at 0700 to attend a seminar by NUS. When I returned, actually found that the group are struggling at the beach.... too sad I missed the fun. Heard that they actually gloried in the last part... so glad and happy. But one thing is.... how come we kept on like losing arh???? The last part of the camp required us to assess Djokoli and write out a biz proposal for a social enterprise there and present it at Tampines SAFRA. For details, pls look up Xinying's blog at http://crazypoot.blogspot.com. I'm too lazy to describe the whole proposal. I can't believe that our proposal actually lose to other teams, just because we can't answer something that is not regarding our proposal. So lame loh. And I can't believe that my dad's biz kena criticised. If it wasn't for the group, I would have went into a 'free for all'. But the last part was really the final triumph. We were ranked 5th overall but we bidded and got our Toa Payoh Central. We bidded for 2 permits and got 5 out of 6. We put 1 point for permits for service, fashion jewellery, collectibles and sundries, 3000+++ points for scented and 7000+++ points for art. I was right then to ask them to swoop the points for the scented and art around. And guess what, we only didn't got the sundries. Damn, I was thinking of selling tissues.... but we were actually the big winner for that day. We were so happy that we went on to Changi V to eat red tea jelly. We actually got so high, I never thought we can get drunk by eating red tea jelly... Me and Robert actually began singing the Yes933 birthday song to Christine... hahaha and on the way back, we kept singing songs. We were so high then that we didn't bother to sleep and decided to stay up to wait for the sunrise. We talked a lot at the beach, about our personal stuffs... sorry cannot say what cos it's TSR, more secret than top secret. But c'mon lah, let's admit, all of us are human, so some actually got knocked out. Certainly not the girls, but Edwin and Robert were like... too tired for it. Can't blame them, cos it was really a tiring day. The rest of us actually hanged on till we can feel the emotions in the Tekong Chalet!!!! Oh man, I'm so glad that we actually got out of it. ORD lor!!!!! Sunrise was nothing, but the time spent waiting for it actually strengthened the bond between the group members.

5 July - We were the first group to went off the chalet to Tampines to enjoy a good warm MaC breakfast. Discussed our biz plan and it was good, on paper at least. But basically we were too tired to think anything thru in details lah.... sleepy sia... hahaha....

July after the camp- we actually went on to recee for our materials and buy them up. We exceeded out seed money but it was good investments. The bottles of Kenneth's could actually sell for 12-15, and our candles are nice, considering me and Robert are beginners and it actually encouraged us to consider start up our own 'House of Wax' in NUS. All came to my place for the production and I must really admit that it had been hard for the girls as they have to do sewing for the fabric bookmarks and bending the wire bookmarks too. Some actually stayed overnight to complete the production. We were all so geared up. Meanwhile, my biz is going on fine, with more incentive coming up. I know I must succeed this time. I really have like no turing back now.

快乐的追求人生,不要追求快乐的人生。I'll follow by this principle as far as possible. 头可破,血可流,成功不可不追求。

Whoa, qutie some updates I have here. Till then, that's all, folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection