A Christmas Carol

Hmm...., I actually thought of blogging my 102th post on Thursday but too bad internet connection and desktop broke down and therefore I have to delay my post for quite a few days. As a result, this means that I have to combine a few posts in one.

Bothered and Upset

Well, something happened on Thursday which totally caught me, and really, I have spent time thinking about what had really happened that day. That day, I was supposed to be helping at the World of Narnia and I was there. But somehow, it rained, though I prayed to God to intercede with the weather. As a result, the staff told me that I can be released. Somehow, I think it sort of drove me to Suntec where I arranged to meet some of my friends, cos I know they will be there, considering that I don't want to go home so early.

Okay, I waited for them one hour and that's okay for me, as I expected that. Then they called me and we met up at the Suntec basement, only to find out that they already had their piece of fun before meeting me, even though they (one of them actually) knew that I was supposed to meet them. Firstly, I really have enough of people forgeting my existence, (although I know that someone will not). Secondly... there is no secondly. But I tried to act okay in the beginning. It didn't work out. Normally, I was able to take this issue lightly and I was able to take it with a laughter. But somehow or rather, I was unable to share their laughter and joy that day, and that really bothered and upset me. Well, I thought that I was unable to forgive their insensitivity but now that I try to reason out, I realise the other way. And that really makes me look stupid and silly.

In any case, one phrase to summarise that day: Bored, Wasted, Upset and Bothered. Meaningless to the max at the surface but somehow or rather, something is telling me that, 'hey, everything worked out this way for a purpose'. Hmm....
Excitedly Funny

Friday was quite... to a sense an exciting and nervious day (before 11am) because of the release of my result. I called at Orchard, considering that the time of release was the time I need to report at Narnia. And guess what grade I got... Thank God sia, it's a straight (not five of a kind or five of a kind or full house). What kind of straight I got I'll leave it up to you all to guess cos I understand that there are a lot more people who got grades that are not so exciting, so in consideration that some of these people are my fan, I decided not to divulge my result so explicitly. =P
But really, things would not have turned out so well. In fact, I was affected by various incidents before and during my exam, esp during the last day. Glad that it turned out fine.
A lot of Christmas Carols

Honestly speaking, 24 Dec 2005 is one of the best Christmas Eve I have ever spent so far. Sorry, my YRC guys, but really, time with you all for all these Christmas Eve is no way near today. You all would have agreed with me if you are with me. So what did I do?

I went carolling. Yeah, something which I did not expect myself to do during Christmas Eve. But it was fun. Imagine this, performing Christmas Carols in front of an overwhelming crowd in the middle of Orchard to bless the passer-bys and to share with them the joy of Christmas. Honestly speaking, I think that the experience can only be told by experience itself, I just can't (I'm too tired anyway) describe it with words.

In any case, I was actually quite sad because I was hoping for something which did not happen eventually. For this, I dun think I'll talk about it unless, well.... okay, I dun think I'll ever talk about it.

Well, best Christmas for many years and more to come certainly. Till next time, I sign off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection