New Year Resolutions

Ok, it's going to be New Year soon. In 24 hours time, we will be bidding farewell to 2005 and welcoming 2006. 2005 has been an amazing year for me and before I starts on 2006, let me review the year 2005.

Jan:
Spent my birthday in Sungei Gedong camp, alone with Lilong. For that whole month, I was doing ops duty with him. Nothing much really.

Feb:
Finally my ops was over and preparing for ORD.

Mar:
First highlight of the year- attended PSC. Certainly life changing.

Apr:
ORD LOH!!!!! I finally got back my pink IC.

May:
Spent it in oblivion. Mainly planning for my alumni events.

June:
Successfully organised for PAC Sleepover@Pioneer though there was a lot of glitches. Met the group of friends whom I eventually get very close to on the 26th, such as... a lot of people.

Jul:
Went through Gen ACTS Matriculation package. Got to know a lot of people from NUS. Restarted my blogging career on 11th. Around 14th, first contact with Christianity, as in first time people actually ask me to go and read the Bible. And finally matriculated formally as a student of NUS on 27th.

Aug:
Finally started my academic career in NUS. First time I stepped into a church.

Sept:
First time after so many years rushing for assignments. Actually received my first Bible on 10th.

Oct:
The most stressful month to date in my NUS career. Also the most secretive period of my NUS first semester. Well... people will know what I'm talking about.

Nov:
Finally, first exam in NUS, excluding QET. Scary and stressful though. First of the rapid series of events happens which eventually led up to Dec.

Dec:
Finally took a leap of faith. Spent the best Christmas since dun know when. Managed to scrimp through my semester disaster and obtain results decent enough.

Ok, review done. Nothing too spectacular of course, but nevertheless, it has been an eventful year. It's amazing to see how much has happened to me for the past 12 months. Got to know new friends and got to learn new things. I anticipate that year 2006 will be much more fulfilling. Now for New Year resolutions, here they are:

1) To become a better person, physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually
2) To obtain an average cap of 4.2 - 4.5
3) To expand YP Bukit Panjang Branch and be more involved in YP
4) To expand the YRC, or at least let it grow
5) To make more new friends
6) To be able to help my friends in times they need my help
7) To lose weight
8) To complete half marathon

All in all, one sentence to sum up all: I want 2006 to be a more happening year than 2005. Oh, let me list down the things which I dun want myself to be caught doing in 2006:

1) Drinking myself dead drunk and committing a two-piece mistake
2) Slacking and ending up knowing nothing about lecture
3) Got obsessively involved in BGR, though if it comes, I can't help
4) Spend 300 points for a module which cost 1 point for others.

Well, there are more but it shall be added in at a later date. Anyway, I managed to get my four modules in the previous round for 1 point each. Then, one of my friends told me that her psy module cost her 500++ points. Sometimes, it really triggers me. Why is it that a psy module is so popular? What's the fascination with psy? Is it because psy is not offered in JC or poly that people get so fascinated by it when they come to uni? I'm commenting this because it occurs to me that psy is quite dry (to the perspective of a history student). So why psy? That's why I originally wanted to blog about this- Intro to Psy: The mysterious module. But I realise that I might as well not. In any case, my friend also told me that around 100+++ people failed to get the module, which also occurs to me that it's the world of the fittest. In CORS, there is no need for strategy if you have the points. Well, if you have 3000+++++ points, you can virtually bid for any module you want without fear that you will be outbidded. On the other hand, if you have only 600 points, you better be sure what you are bidding for, cos there won't be room for error. That's what happen to me last semester. HY2216 at a cost of 300 point. It means that I had better do well for it,or else I'll be doing injustice to my points. Oh well...

Anyway, I'm blogging this new year post cos I know I won't have time from hereafter to blog this. I think that blogging this after 1 Jan 2006 is dumb. So, I might as well do it now.

Well, I'm done with my ranting. Wish all my readers a happy new year and may God bless you with a good year ahead. Auld Lang Syne, people. Auld Lang Syne.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity