Last day of holiday

Finally last day of holiday and we shall be moving back to school to enjoy our lively debates in tutorials and discussions in lectures. As much as I dun want the holidays to end, I'm also quite eager to have the tutorials and lectures started again. What an oxymoron.

Today I see almost the whole Hope NUS Unit A here for a house visit. Too bad my mum was not in, so no hongbao for them. But we had a good time and well, of course, how can the fun be without the presence of my brother, with whom people were so amused by the both of us. Took quite a few pictures and should be posting them up soon. We also played Indian poker and never know Indian poker can be so fun. Well, had other fun times but I guess I'll stop here, as they tend to get a bit narrative.

But really, these four days had served as a break from school work for me to recharge and prepare myself for the onslaught of work that'll sure to come after this holiday. Well...

I just saw the weekly wisdom provided by christnote.org, just down the navbar at the right. I think these two piece of wisdoms are so applicable to anyone. Before this, I visited one of my friends' blog and from her blog, it can be told that she has some problems. Of course, being a Christian, it is currently very easy for me to proclaim that every problem is an opportunity to trust God, since I have God by my side now. It is quite sad sometimes to see friends who have problems and yet have to rely on themselves, asking what they themselves can do to solve all their problems. Well, it's not wrong to depend on oneself to solve your own problem, but just ask yourself this question, what if there is someone else who can help you along the way?

We all experience difficulties, problems, and trials throughout life. Usually, we also look for ways to solve those problems. All of the various solutions basically ask one of these two questions: "What can I do to solve this?" Or, "What can God do to solve this?" In other words, we either try to solve the problem on our own, or we let God solve it. Obviously, it is much wiser to give your problems to God. (ok, I will stop preaching)

In any case, just wanna share some verse from my M&M to my readers, hope you all may find it useful (I can quote a tonnes of them but I'll just make do with two):

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight.
- Proverbs 3:5-6

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.
- John 14:1


Well, let's stop preaching about faith and start talking about something else more practical to all of us. As quite a lot of us should understand, the CNY also provides a lot of us with the opportunity to earn a lot of money, not only through hongbaos, but also through gambling. With the prospect of more money, it will ineivtably lead some to the illness of greed. I know of other people who are not only greedy of money, but also of success and other material achievements. Not saying that it's wrong, cos the more wealth you have, the more you can benefit your family and the society as a whole. But what's the use of having material wealth if you do not use it to benefit others. What's the use of keeping so much wealth, since you are born into this world with no possession and will leave this world with no possession too? Therefore, the second wisdom of the week is quite practical to all of us: giving is the antidote to greed, give to the poor, give generously, give joyfully, give liberally, and give regularly, so that others can benefit from the wealth you have.

Hmmm... something to think about.

Just to clarify before I sign off. In case people think that I'm turning into a religious fanatic, think again. I'm here to just to try to apply some messages to the daily life at the broader context, to show people how applicable these messages can be to them.

Anyway, till I'm done with my tutorials, sayoonara.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity