Maddeningly Inspiring

Hmmmm.... Today is Chinese New Year Eve.

Yesterday was a lazy day. NUS was pretty quiet which comes as no surprise since most of the foreign students are away back home with their families. Wanted to do all my readings for Empires but in the end I gave up cos the day was too lazy and the place was too quiet. But had a happening service at Nexus in the evening, which was more than enough to brighten up the day. But right here, I would like to narrate a happening story of me with the aunties at Zhong Hua Ramen at Cuppage S11.

You see, after service last night, my CG decided to go to the Cuppage S11 to eat supper. Originally, I didn't see any store other than the drink store opened. Then after I got my Milo, I found the Zhong Hua Ramen store still operating and decided to go and get a plain ramen, since I was starving after the service. The ramen cost me $2 and I gave the auntie a $10 note... and my change never came back. So I decided to ask for my change back. Little did I know, the auntie denied that I gave her a $10 note and insisted that I gave her a $2 note. Maddening sia. For the first time in so many days, I became murderous (I'm not joking). After some arguing, the auntie decided to go to the security office to look at the cam recording. I waited at the store for a while, until she came out and asked me to go and watch the video with her. Of course I was more than happy (mad?) to do so. I knew I was right, cos there is only the $10 note left in my wallet then. So I went and after watching, it was concluded that I was right and I got my $8 change back, half an hour after I bought my ramen. Honestly speaking, I could have returned the ramen to the store (in a spectacular way) but then I would have put the past few weeks of my own spiritually strengthening to waste. Surely that was the result that I wanted. So I decided to take the money and go... but surely the store will no longer enjoy my patronage anymore.

Today is even more dramatic, at least during the lunch time. You see, my family practice is that we will worship our ancestors on CNY eve, which now posed a problem to me (for those who realise that), especially when I used to be the first to start the ceremony and the one to end it, due to my status as the eldest grandson in the family (stressed?) Aiyo, I wondered why didn't I sleep a bit longer and not wake up at the time when they are starting... Though my aunt and my mum knew about my difficulties, they could not do anything about it too... (can't blame them lah) and well, have to repent after that lah... Anyway, now wondering what to do for tomorrow... T_T

Anyway, since today is CNY eve, let's discuss how to become a newer person in the coming new year. Learnt something interesting last night but I think I will share with my readers points which are more relevant with them. One point which I think is applicable to all of us is that to get a new us, we should change our diet. So what does it mean? It means changing the stuff which we feed our brain, our mind and our body. Rid yourself of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind, which can be seen as growth stoppers (there are more of course). And in order to know which diet to change to, we have to set goals and be clear of which area should we be working on, for example in the area of relationship with family and friends, health and emotional and psychological growth. But of course, setting goals itself is useless, given that we can anytime set goals and that's it. In order to make it work, we must act on the goals and be active in working towards the ends we set ourselves. Well, this certainly inspired me a lot, and I hope it will inspire my readers as well.

Now, CNY is around the very corner, time to collect money and work out on lost relationships. A lot of catching up to do and a lot of stuffs to settle. Too sad my left Ctrl key came out and I only got one Ctrl key left but it's not going to affect my CNY mood. In any case, I wish all my readers a happy CNY and a prosperous year ahead of you.

Till the next time I murder... sorry.. till the next time I write...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity