Closer perhaps

It isn't that often these days that I'll update my blog more than once a day. But something just strucked my mind that I have decided to do it for today. First, I just finished my empires essay and I want to give thanks to God for the wisdom and guidance He has graciously given me. God is real and living, somebody say 'Amen'.

Amen.

Now, actually, I was just thinking about some questions about human characters. You know what? They say (I forgot who's the 'they') that in order to know who you really are, just look at the 10 closest persons in your life, and you will know. They say that you will be like these 10 persons as they are so close to you that you will inevitably be influenced by them. True, reasonably reasonable. I agree with that. Therefore, if the people closest to you are successful entrepreneurs, you will surely become more entrepreneurlike in times to come. Likewise, if the people are rotten eggs, mixed with a pinch of bird shit, spiced by a bit of cat urine, beaten with pheglem, you will surely smell, look and taste like them (I'm not telling you to go and literally taste them).

As I suddenly thought of that, then I began to measure the closest 10 persons in my life currently. Surprisingly, I find that I have 3 persons in my life who are so close to me that if I continue to stay close to them, it doesn't really matter who are the other 7, though it doesn't mean that it doesn't really matter. These 3 persons are 'the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit'.

Then of course, people may say to me, 'hey, these three are not even people'. But hey, those who will say that are those who thinks that God is dead. No no no, God is alive, and living. Anyway, if He's dead, then what the heck am I basing my faith on? Precisely because God is alive, that I have the opportunity to be close with Him. Why should we be limiting our relationships with physical beings? Even if we can't see God, we can feel Him, sense Him, as long as we have the faith.

Precisely because God allows me to build a close relationship with Him that I know that I'm in safe hands. As He places Himself at the top of the 'hall of close proximity', I know that it doesn't matter who the rest in the list are. Taking the logic that He belongs to the closest 10 persons in my life, it just takes time for me to become more like Him, more Christlike to be more precise. Given that He is the closest to me in my life and He is perfect and holy, what negative influence can I get from Him?

Therefore, I put my faith in Him. Man, He is sure damn cool to be with...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity