Father Santa

One of the weekly wisdoms from Christnote this week is dun trust the God for things, trust God in things.

I think that website made an excellent point:

Too often, we fall into the trap of trusting God to give us more things—a new car, a bigger house, a better computer. We turn God into little more than a supernatural Santa Claus, who gives us what we want.



More often than not, I think I must admit that I fall into such a trap, that I failed to entrust my life to God, who consistently has the big picture in mind, who has his own big plan for me.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Jeremiah 29:11


More than often, we failed to trust Him in faith, that in tough times, He will work all things out for good, that in tough times, He has a larger plan for us than what we envision. If I can only learn to entrust my life to Him... maybe I can have even more peace at mind.

I think all I need is more faith that He's there always.

I think all I need is more faith that He will make my path straight.

I think all I need is more faith and stop relying on my own understanding of things.

You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.
- Isaiah 26:3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity