A lot of thanks

I thank God for

1) dying on the cross for our sins
2) placing me in a loving family, both biological and spiritual
3) being forever faithful to me even when I'm not faithful at times
4) giving me the means to pursue what You wants me to achieve in this lifetime
5) a lot of other things which You have given me

Just suddenly want to thank God for all these things when I read this verse during my quiet time today:

Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?"
- Luke 17:17-18


Sometimes, it just stuns me that God is so willing to give us so much. And sometimes I'm just so amazed by His ever-ready willingness to give us. Then this phrase just comes into my mind:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- John 3:16


Yeah, it makes sense now. He loves the world, that's why He is ever so willing to give, to the extent that He gave us His Son to save us. That is the extent of God's love. Just ask anyone, will you give up your children to save some other people? Who on earth can do that, other than God. And it is just so because He gave us His one and only Son, that we are able to get close to Him.

That's so much to thanks, always so much to thank.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection