Serious or fun

There are things in life that when you see it, you know that it's God. Try reading the newspapers on 3/3/2006. The Oscar for tourism in Singapore was held on the previous day, and I attended it, with my mother... to witness my father receiving the Tourism Host of the year for Taxi driver. This is the moment when I said, 'man, it must be God.' Years ago, when my father started driving a taxi, who would have thought that he will make it to the newspapers for being the top taxi driver for 2005.

But what impressed me was the words of the Ms Jennie Chua, the CEO of Raffles Holding Ltd, winner for the Outstanding Contribution to Tourism award (her photo with my father is on the Straits Times for 3/3/2006). She told Adrian Pang this: 'We are in the serious business of having fun'.

This is a good line, man.

This is a good line.

But I think she makes a point too lah. More than often, we have fun without thinking much about what comes next, and more than even more often, we become serious without a thought for having fun. But she has a point. We can have fun for being serious and be serious for having fun. In fact, we should be serious in having fun and fun in being serious.

Serious? Fun? Let's have some serious fun!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection