In the dark, in the light

Our hearts and our life resemble a room, a very very dark room, a totally completely dark room. So dark, that we cannot see anything. So dark that we cannot even see ourselves. Even if we know something is in the room for sure, it is impossible to see because the room is dark. We know it's there but it's dark. We cannot see anything.

We just cannot see anything.

We just cannot see anything.

But that's where our faith comes in. That is where faith in God comes in. We know. We know that while we cannot see it, we can be absolutely sure that in times of darkness and difficulties, we have God. We have His absolute love. We can be confident of that, that absolutely it's there.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
- Hebrews 11:1


That's what it means. Be certain of what we do not see. It can be understood, that during dark and difficult times, we may not be able to see His grace, His love, His faithfulness, or His promises. But it can also be sure that God has always been with us, always been on our side, always near us, besides us, in us. It is something that I really hold on to whenever I face such situation. It is easy, in these situations, when life seems so uncertain, to forget everything about God.

I just read this:

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13


He is faithful, therefore so will I.

Okay, now to some lighter note. It will be a hectic week for me currently. Even as I'm typing this post, I have settled two projects but I have a final project simulation on Thursday to settle and I still have to read more about it. I have to start preparing for exams, though I still can't settle down.

I just can't settle down to study. I know I have to get into the exam mood. But currently my burden runs high. It runs high for quite a number of lost souls around. It runs high for God, therefore me. I know I have to do something. And something has to be done.

Something has to be done.

Do you believe in Easter?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection