Take a break, take another Kitkat

Now, after a morning of survey and an afternoon of determining why and how empires were established and in anticipation of the evening sub d meeting, I decided to take a kitkat. As usual, my way of destressing, other than reading the bible currently, is blogging.

As I am typing this, a sense of deja vu just came over me. Last some six months ago(around there), I was sitting at the same table, same classroom doing the same thing: studying for my exam. Same seat somemore. On the whiteboard, there is currently 7 rules for the use of the classroom (though there are invaders to the classroom but I am sure that they will retreat in the evening) and rule 6 says Pray 100%, study 100%. I then wrote something beside it, 'do your best and let God do the rest'. Then, Guan Zhen commented something which really struck me a bit (although I was well aware of that). She commented that last sem, I was writing something else (for what I have written, refer to my msn nick). That time I was still a non-believer. Although I still hold by what I have written, the meaning essentially changed for me. But quite clearly to Guanny and the rest, what I have written this time round was totally unexpected of me a semester ago. But then, well, who would have expected then, looking at retrospect?

And so, break time over cos I finished my kitkat (if I really have one in my hand) and time to read on a bit on the Encomienda system in New Spain.

gives thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection