Take a break, take a Kitkat

In the midst of studying, especially after learning about two disasters from my HY2245 module, I decided to take a peep at one mini clip at hosaywood. The title of this clip is called Zo Peng, or literally translated as 'Being a soldier' and is acted by three girls, who happen to be living in a society where girls serve NS and guys get away scorch free from the 'misery' of serving their duty for the country. It is an interesting film which attempts to recreate the general feeling and the sentiment of the people in the service. It was funny, but at the same time, nostalgic. I just begin to miss my army days, man.

My army days (or better known as daze?) started out just like the normal enlistee. I spent 4 months of my NS in BMT, where I had the most siong time of my army days. It was unforgettable, and the friendship I managed to build up during that period was... just simply put it, memorable, though I now only maintain contact with my BMT buddy. Then after POP(corn), I got my vocation as a signaller, perhaps the other alternative I was hoping for then (I did pray but I wasn't a believer yet) other than OCS. And I spent the 4-5 months after my BMT in the other camp (sorry, for those who know, you know. For those who dun know, too bad), other than the last 6 weeks when I had my signal course, I spent the rest of the time zoboing as an AP, around 8 weeks I spent at home (good life, I know). Then after that, I got posted to my unit, which I spent another 1.5 year of memorable times, good and bad there. I got to know quite a lot of good friends there, though many I have failed to keep contact with currently due to my studies and church committments. There, I got exposed to Japanese animes and KTV and manga, hobbies which I still maintain today. Then, I ORD and it was the end of my NS story, although there are much to be told. Much to be told but to be recap with my friends too.

To think about it, I have ORD for one year already. Many things have happened during this one year, the most significant one and the most important one is coming to know God and receive Jesus into my life, something so distant during my army days. But currently, as I approach my second exam period in my NUS career, army days still sound so attractive to me, because there was no exam then and life was so carefree... though I have to siam my S1 everytime (cos I dun want to see her face, let alone do her work). It is quite amazing to notice how my life has turned around after ORD, but it is also a good way to relax whenever I think of my army days.

I am taking a break actually from my studies as I just came back from lunch and settling down to proceed to do a bit of revision for my nation building. Till the Lord asks me to, I shall write again. Adios.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity