Yesterday caught up

It came as a surprise, as an unexpected thing.

Got a last minute sms yesterday asking me out for a class gathering cum birthday celebration. It's a good time, considering I have no project discussion, and I have nothing on in the evening, I was so glad that I had the chance to go down to Holland Village and catch up with the rest of my 'long lost' classmates. We went down to Swenson, and I was horrified by the pricing (I thought I knew it long ago) and I decided to satisfy myself by marvelling at the pictures on the menu. But we did order an Earthquake and four people had trouble trying to finish it. The Rummy Raisin ice cream was great... almost got drunk by eating too much of it... (like real).

And I really thank God for the time last night.

It was then when I realised that there were still some in the class who have not come to the realisation that I have received Christ into my life. Come to speak of it, it was quite funny when we were at the bus stop waiting for that elusive bus 75. We were catching up, asking each other whether we are attached or not. I dun know how come but suddenly we were talking about Christ. Basically, Valane was quite shocked that I have received Christ. Honestly speaking, sometimes I was quite surprised that I have received Christ, considering that I have lived 20 years without Christ.

Anyway, what really touched me most is that I was told that I changed quite a lot and appeared more grounded. Well, it then strucked me that changes are often not that apparent and obvious, but it is meant to be gradual sometimes. Sometimes, the person himself does not realise that he has changed, or rather, in what aspect he has changed. Well, sometimes if it isn't because I have shared with my brothers and sisters and friends, or if it isn't because they tell me so, I wouldn't have realised that I have changed either.

In all, it was a good night. Refreshing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity