To be waited

I originally wanted to post up my article on meaning and purpose this time round, with another article on Da Vinci Code. But looking at my blog count, I decided to hold and perhaps say something different this time round. I'll leave what I had intended for this post for the next one, that one being the 200th blog post of my blogging career. Meanwhile, while I'm organising my thoughts for this post, let me show my readers one pic :

Here and behold the new NUS A3, the one CG which I can't wait to see in action full force. The two handsome guys in front are me (left) and Edwin (right). The ever pretty ladies are (from the left) Shuyi, QP, Jessie, Lishan, Yi Shyan and Ashleigh. Missing in this pic is Christine who was away for some important business at the time this picture was taken, Ziwei who was sick at that time and Kaiqin who is currently away for SEP. As I said earlier, an old CG with a new face altogether, it's a CG with some much potential on hand and so much relationship to build on. Other CGs are also seeing new faces coming in and definitely exciting to see the NUS group gradually growing in God.

The first action that this CG saw after the district camp was watching the movie Da Vinci Code. Starred by Tom Hanks and Audrey Tatou and aimed to bring the story from Dan Brown onto screen, I must say that the movie itself is very disappointing, and even lousier than the book itself. Even the book has its own entertainment values but the movie is utterly unwatchable and fails to depict the excitement of the original story. Sad but true. Not that the content is very agreeable though. Nevertheless, it was a good time out with the CG and certainly, we had a good time of afternoon tea after the movie.

Yesterday saw one of the rare moments in my year - receiving my brother back from his TG5.1, his peacekeeping mission in the waters of Iraq. Too bad I now no longer have a room to myself but then well... I can't expect myself to have the room forever. The one advantage is that you get to practice guitar late at night without worrying that there's someone besides you who will be irritated by your lousy guitaring skill (hey I'm improving). But then, maybe I was so busy with picking up my brother and later rushing down to town to do research on my fishermen's forum topic that I forgot one important thing: to check my exam results. Honestly speaking, I stand from the belief that God will make the decision for me if I just do what I need to do and since the result is already there, there's little point whether I have viewed my result earlier or not. But then, I have totally forgotten that my sem results are released that day. Speaking about muddleheaded and overwhelmed by work. And just before service, Jiadai, Kaili and Ven actually persuaded me to check through SMS...just before service... maybe I was also a bit kan cheong inside... but it seems at that point of time Kaili and Jiadai were more kan cheong than me... T_T Dun know whether to laugh or cry.

Anyway, here's a flashback of my first sem result which I did not publish the other time round (or did I?):

HY1101E A
HY2216 A-
PH1101E B+
SSA2209 B
GEK1505 B-

So far so good, although anyone who can calculate CAP score will realise that my CAP is hanging on the balance between a second lower and second upper, though it's only the first sem, but looking at this kind of CAP, I would rather I get a CAP score which does not hang on the balance. Anyway, I must first say something before I proceed declaring my latest results. Firstly, it was my first semester with God, though I utterly turned to Him in my first sem exams, I wasn't enjoying a personal relationship with Him then yet. Nevertheless, the prescene of God must have something to do with this exam, due to the fact that it's the most 'stressless' exam I have ever encountered since the O'level. No really high stress at all. Even for my empires paper, I went in, just answer the question and walked out. Nothing too stressed about it. Throughout that period of time, I was sort of relying on this verse:

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
- Matthew 11:28-30


Definitely speaking, it was Jesus who really gave me the peace of mind. And perhaps it's also cos I held on to this verse too:

give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18


I know in all circumstances, God is there for me.

Anyway, another point I want to make before I release my result to the public. The result that came, though I was least stressful about it, turned out to be a surprise to me. As far as I knew, I did screw up my CA for my empires module and that I have nothing to say. I know I have done averagely in the CA test for financial accounting. The score I got was just 1 point above the mean score. I wasn't confident about my JS MCQ finals, I screwed my EU simulation. Even the most confident paper of them all - nation building - was not that confident after all, after I reflected on my essays for my finals and realised that I wrote a bit of crap there. Whatever, when the NUS system smsed my result to me, people around me were all so kan cheong... Jiadai was even kind enough to offer to take a look for me, just in case things really got screwed up. I must admit that I ought to get contented with what God gives me, by His mercy and grace. Henceforth... this is what I saw on my handphone screen (not in order):

EU1101E A-
FNA1001 A-
HY2229 A+
HY2245 B-
JS1101E A-

Well, yeah, and my cumulative CAP improved from 4.00 to 4.15. And before anyone says anything, just let's get the context right, it's only the 2nd semester and it's easy for CAP to rise and fall by large extent. No doubt it's a good result and I'm 0.05 away from my goal of a 4.2 by the end of this year. But then... it's part of my breakthrough pledge with God, that I want my CAP to improve and I completely entrust the whole project to God. It acts as one answered prayer from God. Meanwhile, there was another answered prayer. I remembered a few weeks ago, I prayed for God to humble me, and recently, I have been praying to God about growing in humility. The B- fot empires is definitely a humbling experience for a history student who place so much pride in his historical analysis in his essays. It's definitely a humbling experience within a proud moment. My first A+ from nation building. I am not sure whether it will maintain next sem but I know His plan for me only plans to prosper me, plans to give me a future and plans to give me hope. Whatever He does to me, it cannot be a move which set out to destory me. This I hold complete faith in Him. And with this, I can only remember this verse, which comes so everlasting alive as I reflect upon it:

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- Matthew 6:33

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection