A little time of reflection - turning back to Him

Perhaps one thing that often eludes me currently is how often I turn to God for help and how often I prayed to Him, asking for basically anything I want under the sun. Perhaps as one grows more closer with Him, while it seems more obvious that he will ask Him for more and turn more often to Him for help, this simple fact sort of becomes quite faded away from our mind. Perhaps it also marks the start of taking Him for granted, thinking since He will grant us what we need for oue best, there is no real need to pray continually.

However, perhaps it started back during the FOP, when God was trying to impress upon me that I should turn to Him always, cos He's always there. The decreasing dependence on Him somehow obscured me since the end of the examination. It doesn't mean I was turning away from Him, but it just means I was getting a bit.. .dun know, maybe less dependent on Him and wanting to depend on my human strength... Maybe it's a thought that maybe He will be quite sian if I always bring upon the same prayer to Him every night. It wasn't anything, but He got answer my prayer wat. I remembered quite a lot of fulfilled prayers that occurred over time, seeing my dear friends receiving Christ, growing more in His words, and having breakthroughs in terms of financial and studies.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- 1 Peter 5:6-7


Then perhaps it's His way of always reminding us to cast all our anxiety and cares on Him because He cares for us when I heard Don Moen and started to listen carefully to one of his new songs 'He never sleeps'. Cos' He never sleeps, He never slumbers, He never tires of hearing our prayers. When we are weak, He becomes stronger, so rest in His arms and cast all our cares on Him.

Perhaps it will take a longer while, but God is faithful, this we know. Perhaps all the stress is squeezing me back to Him for help. Perhaps to acknowledge that we are weak and He is strong takes great humility, but it's something that I'll try to do, through His help.

Now, after taking a little time for some reflection, it's time to get back to work. The Tet offensive is getting tougher and tougher to understand. It always seems that the more you understand, the more you know that you do not know. What a paradox...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity