Of student blogging

Let's say today I'm a JC student, in let's say PJC, with a blog and I wanna complain about my teachers. I post a complaint in my blog calling my principal and teachers stupid, and whatever sort of comments you have for a teacher, should I be held responsible by the school for my comments?

I just read an outdated article about online bashing of schools by students. I was then thinking, why should the school come after me, or rather, what right does the school have to come after me if I write that my teacher is incompetent of teaching and the principal is incapable of leading the school, that the school admin is going into disarray because the people dun know what they are doing, that the teachers are doing things that they rationalised can help the students but in fact they dun know what they are doing. Schools can claim that they have their own feedback systems, but hey, if it's working, then why aren't the students using it? I think that if a student has comments about a teacher, then there must be something wrong with the teacher, though I dun think the student should peg their result with the incompetency of the teacher. If a student does badly, it's his own fault, not the teacher. In my viewpoint, schools going to the extreme to track what their students write in their blog as part of their private activities is basically unreasonable as a teacher should have no part in their student's private life, or at least should not interfere with what they are doing in the cyberspace, unless they are hacking the government systems. Even so, teachers should go and reflect what the students say in their blog about them and think about it at the moment: why is the student saying these thing? Going after the students dun solve the problem and it only makes the school look bad.

Think about it, teachers!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity