Find rest my soul

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone


It is not good to have zeal without knowledge,
nor to be hasty and miss the way.
- Proverbs 19:2


Now as I enter the exam period, I wanted to settle my heart and quieten all the turmoil inside. The Holy Spirit led me to Proverbs 19 today, although I wanted to read Psalms, and saw Proverbs 19:2. It caused me to think a lot and it was a timely reminder from God to slow down and think about my focus for this coming week. That's why I decided to start revising after lunch.

Yesterday was a real surprise. The unit went cineleisure to eat dinner after service. Then QP told me she wanted to eat cake and went to buy some. I thought it was quite abnormal but decided that girls normally have abnormal cravings at times. Then after the dinner, QP announced that the cake is used to celebrate someone's spiritual birthday, and they told me that it was Edwin's spiritual birthday. I really fell for it. The cake (muffin) was meant to celebrate my membership in Church. I was quite stunned when they told me the cake was for me. I was stunned, because I know QP would have remembered that my spiritual birthday is on 10/12. Then they said that it was for the membership.

To think about it, it'll be nearly a year after this exam when I first received Christ. I'm glad that now that my membership has been approved, I can do more for the church. My wish, when the cg asked me, was to grow in leadership so that I can help to lead God's people to expand His kingdom, according to His will.

Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.

Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
- Proverbs 19:20-21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection