Charlotte's Web

When a promise is made, it will not be broken....

I went to watch Charlotte's Web yesterday together with the CG. To make the long story short, it's about the struggle of this pig who had made friends in a barn to avoid his slaughter in the smokehouse for Christmas. In the process, he received help from this spider called Charlotte, who promised that she will not allow Wilbur the pig to end up in the dining table. How she exactly did it, I will leave it to you to find out. But it was touching in the end. The ending really reminds me of a friend who will never break his promise, whatever promises that he made. It was very touching. Perhaps the dramatic impact can only be felt when you watch it. Witness the friendship between an unlikely pig and unlikely spider - a friendship which eventually changed the way the people around them live.

It's movie that really touched my heart a lot and I'm sure it will touch your heart too.

Every Time - by Hillsongs United

Jesus, I love You,i need u, my Saviour
Jesus, Your love it has healed me opened my heart

Jesus, I thank You for all that You've given
Jesus, I stand here amazed at forgiveness

Every time I close my eyes,
I'm filled with awe at all you've done
Every time I think on You,
Im grateful for Your Love

Oh Lord, here I am, raise my hands
I surrender
Oh Lord, here I am at your Throne,
Sweet abandon


This is a song that I have been listening to for the past few days. It quite moved me a lot, especially when it sings every time I close my eyes, I'm filed with awe at all You've done. It so reflects my sentiment these days.

Anyway, I was thinking about the Words of God, and I realise that the Words really have power sia. That day I was receiving my results, and as I have said, it was heart-nerving, and I decided to read a few passages in the bible. As I was praying inside and reading the Words, I began to calm down and I felt that I no longer felt that nervous anymore. That's a good one for a testimony.

And as I was thinking through about the Christmas that passed, I think God has spoken to me in a lot of personal ways, including this:

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
- Romans 12:11-12


Perhaps this is what I need to do, as it sums up. The way by which it speaks to me is so personal, that I dun know how to put it down in words, so too bad, I can't blog it here. But it sort of sums up my spiritual life so far, isn't it? But then, still need to keep up the good work for the past year till forever and ever.

Anyway, dun know why one earthquake in Taiwan can cause the whole internet to lag... but then I hope that this one can be published.

Now, this is really some post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection