Silent Night

I was listening to the song Silent Night, the song, somehow just provides a tranquilizing feeling in my heart. I feel that I just want to sit down and just relax, and not think about anything, look at the stars, and marvel at God's wonder.

It's gonna be my last paper on monday, 4/12/2006. It seems as if yesterday that I was sitting with Claramae and Robert at the BP Mac arguing about Christ. I remembered last year the exam ended a bit earlier. But this year, it was to end late... but who cares, I just want to enjoy my Christmas.

Christmas is perhaps the most celebrated 'religious' festival in Singapore as far as I see, if you want to see Christmas as a day when Christians celebrate the coming of Christ. Christ was not born on Christmas Day but He was not born on 25/12. If you are confused, check it out yourself. However, the main point remains that a lot more Singaporeans celebrate Christmas than celebrate other festivals around, although you can say that all of the festivals are treated with equity. As a pre-believer, I used to celebrate Christmas too, in the form of Santa Claus and Christmas carols. I like Christmas carols, but they were just songs for me, yet I sang them because I want to experience this great season of Christmas. Today, Christmas carols of course play a more important meaning to me. But my experience here demonstrated a point... that Christmas is not an exclusive event for Christians only. It's meant to be celebrated all over the world.

Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
- Psalm 96:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity