Skeptic to Receptive

I used to be a skeptic in this thing that I am so passionate now: Christianity. I was skeptical. I asked myself questions why must I just believe in one God and why can't I just stick to my own beliefs. I asked, why should I believe in Jesus? I asked, if Jesus is so good, then why this why that. In short, I was really closed off.

I think a skeptic-turned-convert is pretty powerful. It takes a lot to convince a skeptic, but once convinced, a skeptic can become God's powerful tool. Take Paul for example. When he was Saul, he persecuted Christians, and perhaps was the greatest skeptic of his time. But he saw Christ, and became one of the most powerful tools to be ever used by God. The bulk of the NT was written by him and today, a lot of churches have their origins in him.

I think maybe that's why I can be so passionate now. Once my skepticism get transformed into beliefs, it doesn't take much to cement my faith. In fact, I wanted to get into the action. The most powerful thing about this is that I learned to love God, I wanted to make up for lost time. I began to think how stupid I was. I began to think why didn't I accept Him into my life earlier. Then all were revealed to be God's perfect timing. I'm thinking, maybe if I had accepted Him earlier, the timing may not be the best starting point for me.

After all, it all depends on God's timing, but again, just because one is skeptical doesn't mean we dun make a move. We move, and God will move.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection