The day I found it hard to laugh

It has been an incredible week.

Now recalling back, this was around the caregroup when I first began:



This was the caregroup after Robert and Ruey Feng moved on:





And after a few months later, this is the caregroup that I currently belong to:



And after that, Yizhong joined in...

That was how the caregroup has grown.

18/01/2007 This was the day I found it hard to laugh. A shock came by and took me by storm... The feeling? Sad? Disappointed? Confused? Uncertain?

19/01/2007 Went down to Bangkok to attend God@mybiz seminar organised by Hope Bangkok. It was a great trip. I met a lot of incredible businessmen who live by biblical principles and follow God and love Him with all their might, strength, soul. Msn me and I can tell you all the stories of these people. But what was incredible is that what was supposed to be just a conference turned out to be a spiritual retreat. When I arrived in Royal Benja Hotel, I found out that because my roommate who was supposed to book in the previous night didn't book, they cancelled my room, and I was left without a room. It turned out to be double crisis for me, cos of what happened the previous day.

That gave me a lot of free time at the convention hall, as a result, to think, to pray, to meditate on what has happened, while the Hope Bangkok people tried to settle my accommodation. Then the PnWs in the night and sharings by Ps PN and Ps Jeff over the next two days sort of spoke to me.

Indeed, I have received much, and now it's time to give.

Indeed, I will give God all my heart.

Indeed, His kingdom is more important than my own personal will and wishes.

Indeed, He placed me in an unfamiliar territory to mold me into the person He wants me to be.

Indeed, if He place me in an unfamiliar territory, He has a reason.

Indeed, who am I to question His wisdom?

Indeed, I have a unique role to play now.

And so, it was it. Great trip. I came back with a totally changed mindset. It will take time but once my heart and mind is prepared to do God's will, God will settle the rest for me.

18/01/2007 I was fed the fish fillet. It was a game they were playing to let us know what caregroup we will be moving to after the restructuring. Basically they blindfolded us and fed us with food, and after that we will group ourselves accordingly after that. And so be it. I found out that Ash was fed with the same thing, and voila, it turned out that I'm now in a new care group, with a new care leader, Mich. I will be part of the new team which will lead the caregroup.

It's not going to be an easy change, particularly so since I know I will face great challenges in this new care group, not to mention the pain of leaving my old one (which was literally untouched). But as I said, after the Bangkok trip, after thinking things through and talking with several people, I know it's something I need to do. And I'll gladly accept the task beforehand.

It's going to be new faces from Feb onwards. Till then, akan datang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection