Thinking in the afternoon

You know what is postmodernism?

I finished lunch in the afternoon, and after a cigar, I began thinking about dung beetles and pi sai (鼻屎) and plates and bowling balls. I think about them for one afternoon. Then I write a book about what I have thought in the afternoon. Then the book becomes best seller and NUS use it as the textbook for a particular philo or lit module. Students all over the world will start writing essays trying to understand what I'm writing about, and they will raise ideas and put down ideas, and try to critic my book. In the end, the book is only about dung beetles and pi sai and plates and bowling balls, that's all.

That's postmodernism for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity