The Jesus I have long forgotten

It is very oxymoronic of me to talk about the Jesus I have long forgotten. After all, strictly speaking, haven't I been enjoying a relationship with God through Jesus Christ? Ain't I a Christ follower? Dun I proclaim His name whenever I share His gospels with my friends?

Allow me to use an analogy. Have you ever known someone, and the reason why you two can click is cos of some reasons (which I dun know what). Has the relationship, after some time, reached a point where you will take the other person for granted, and start to ignore what you have known the person to be? Suddenly, certain aspects of the other person becomes of interest to you, but that's not the point, to him at least. He just wants you to know him more and more, while continuing to know him as the way he is when you two meet each other.

I was listening to this song 'Ocean will part and there was this part when the singers sing:

As You open my eyes to the work of Your hands,
Jesus, open my eyes to the work of Your hands


There is another song from the same album called 'For Who You are' with the chorus going like this:

I will worship You for who You are
I will worship You for who You are
I will worship You for who You are
Jesus....


As we sing 'as You open my eyes to the work of Your hands', we know we are singing to God. Well... I realised that after walking with God for sometime, we tend to forget that Jesus is God!!! We worship God for who He is, and at the end, we shout out for Jesus. God wants us to worship Him for who He is, not who we think He is. Who He is, He is Jesus. Not only He wants us to know that He is who He is, that He will never change, He wants to remind us that Jesus is He, and both are One....

So what about Jesus is God? He died on the cross for our transgression, He resurrected three days later to prove His point and to show that He has overcome death. A point sometimes we forget. And this we take for granted

Man... why is God... why Jesus keeps on reminding me of things we tend to forget...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity