老人家的怀念

Just now I was travelling from my student's place back to my home. Along the way, I suddenly thought of my cg...or rather not my current cg but my ex-cg, the time when I first joined NUSA3. It was like that:



The time this picture was taken, the two sisters standing beside Jessie were not even believers yet. This was how NUSA3 used to look like. That time only me, QP, Robert, Ed, RF and Jessie and Christine (who is not in the picture???). If I never remember wrongly, Yi Shyan joined us the week after this picture was taken. This was followed by Ziwei. Well, you can never forget how your very first cg looks like at the very beginning.

The rest was history. The cg grew over the months, together with the NUS ministry and in the end, there was a restructuring, less than a year after this picture was taken. At the point of that restructuring, Robert and RF have already moved on. The cg has changed face couple of times, with Shuyi, Ashleigh and Lishan joining us during UniCamp 2006, then the latter two going to other cgs, not before YT and CY joined us, followed by YZ. The cg was mainly spared from being splited up completely, saved for me, Ziwei and YT.

Today, incidentally, those in the picture who are still in NUS are in different cg supporting their respective CLs.

Nevertheless, even today, my cg has taken on different faces, just within 8 months of restructuring. Initially, NUSA1 consists of MH, Ash, me, ZW, PH, MY, YT, and JL, later joined by HZ. Today, it's me, SY, ZW, HZ, ZX, AG, and NK. I'm using cap acro cos it's easier for me to write, and sometimes, people prefer their name not to be mentioned in any website. Just playing safe. In any case, I think the label on the cg does not imply the characteristic of that cg. A cg is made up of people, and as people come and go, the cg takes on different faces. So is my current cg. And I'm proud of being in NUSA1.

Amen.

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:15 PM

    Although we are now in different cgs, but the brotherhood in Christ remains. Really thank God for your faithfulness and how you've pursued His amazing plan in your life.

    Hope to serve alongside you again some day. In the meantime, I just learnt to play Citadel recently. We should all go Ziwei's house to play Citadel someday...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity