A Christmas Weekend

Well, it's another Christmas that was gone. Went Christmas Eve caroling as usual. But when i was caroling, something struck me out loud.

We were singing Silent Night, and as I was singing 'Radiant beam from thy Holy Face', I suddenly found it quite funny that we were singing this. Well, look back at Luke:


In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) And everyone went to his own town to register.

So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
- Luke 2:1-7


It simply struck me how ordinary was the entire affair in human eyes. It was an ordinary birth in an ordinary manger. Nothing too spectacular. It's just it, Jesus came to this world via an ordinary birth. A humble entry. If one can visualise himself coming to the manger, as the shepherds and the three magis had done, they would have just found a normal couple with a normal baby. Of course, we have Revelations describing how the angels have seen the whole affair on heaven, looking at the spiritual side of the affair. But the picture that I got just from reading Luke is just so ordinary. I believe it's even more ordinary than my own birth.

That night I also found that when the clock struck 12, Christmas seems so ordinary too. Looking back at Jesus's birth, I could readily identify why. Ordinary is the coming of our Lord, and ordinary it shall be. Surely, I would not have asked for a more appropriate manner to celebrate Christmas, the way He came to this world. And I like it, together with the caroling, and the time with my cg and other friends.

Christmas, for me, ended off on 26 Dec, 1430hrs, when I received back my results. As per usual, I will post it up:

HY2237: A-
HY3241: A
MNO2311: C+
TR3002: A

I finally got my first C+, or should I say first S? Perhaps, considering the amount of workload I had this semester, the result is the best so far. I didn't expect an A- for HY2237, considering that I thought an A+ is within reach. Oh well, maybe Auntie Quek thought that using laptop to read the readings is perhaps not her way of class participation. HY3241 is also unexpected as I fully expected myself to be an average in a class of 27 or so, esp since Dubois told us that most of us are going to be in the B- category, and I only got a B for my presentation and B+ for my essay. TR3002 is the really big gift, thank You, Jesus. The most enjoyable module of the semester is really worth the A. And I think more than any other module this semester, the A is really a POP, Product of Prayer, thanks to God and thanks to Julia and Susan who insisted that we need to continue praying. Overall, this is also the first semester where I dun see any Bs, and I see 2 As, and of course the C+, or the S, depending how you want to see it. So, currently CAP score has dropped from 4.28 to 4.27. In a few days time, it's gonna rise to 4.34 like that.

The verdict being, it's another successful semester with God. God has indeed proven to me as I continue to serve Him, He will take care of my results. Amen to God!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection