The belated New Year review

As we enter year 2008, let's review a bit on what happened over in 2007.

January
I got to know Julia, perhaps the only project group mate in NUS whom I have quarreled with over and over again. The weekend before my birthday was also a weekend in Bangkok, attending a BLM seminar. Of course, before that trip, I got news of the Sub-district restructuring. It was a traumatising experience for me to be separated from the care group, but I managed to get over it by the time I returned from Bangkok.

February
Nothing much, except adjusting to the new cg, also adjusting to the new role of armor bearer in the cg as well.

March
Hanes came to know Christ on the 21st. Also a hectic month as PisangFan began its first and only pilot test. I had to stay in Debbie's house a few nights to perfect the PisangFan recipe.

April
Successful completion of the pilot test and successful completion of PisangFan's marketing plan. Also started preparing for Alpha as part of the programming team and planning for the uni camp.

May
Exam mayhem's over. Had a hectic month of meeting up with freshmen, counseling people and planning for camp. Planned out the programme for Soul Survivor camp, but the aftermath was the 5 weeks Alpha programme. It was also around this time that I started to take over leadership of the cg. About this same time was also the taking up of usher team leadership for me as well.

June
Start of Alpha. Met freshmen and enjoyed time with them. Met up with people such as Weikai and Ken. As usual, campus tours and such. Also had the Alpha Camp around this period. I had never tried planning for two camps back to back, playing such an integral role before. It was a good experience trying to juggle between increased role in cg leadership, team leadership and planning for Alpha. Also the first time there was 3 birthdays in 3 consecutive weeks.

July
I was meeting up freshmen after freshmen. It was fun. But other than preparing for school reopening, it went past as quite an ordinary month. I also decided to sign up for Believer Music to further my own guitar skill.

August
School reopened with new people like Johnson, Weikai and Ken joining us regularly in HQ. As usual, it was a crazy birthday month as well. I just thank God that I dun need to plan too much this time round. Also the beginning of an extraordinary semester for me. The first semester I have to live with 4 modules instead of 5. Also Nicholas and Angelina joined the cg, adding in more life into it. Saw the formation of the engage team. I also ran the full AHM in preparation of the Standard Chartered marathon.

September
A lot of frantic business planning and cg planning. Nothing much extraordinary happened, other than Church anniversary in D'Marquee. Also attended the JUMP conference, which was quite an exciting worship conference.

October
More frantic business planning and quarrels. Rushing assignments. And preparing for exam.

November
The beginning of the exam period. Also experience the first time pitching. Really sparked my interest in furthering engage. The exam period also saw first time me staying in the classroom throughout the whole period. It was incredible considering I had only 2 papers. I also broke my laptop, and it's still broke as I write this blog. The security guard changed and for a while we had to negotiate to sleep in the room. Things got better though.

December
It was my first full marathon and I fell in love with it and got addicted. Also started intensive meeting up with people. Saw the cg grow as Joanne received Christ on the pre-Christmas service. Also saw my first tennis match - Maria Sharapova vs Anna Chatvetadze. Hosted another time on Changi Beach for a post-exam activity, the first time in so many months. Also almost watched 1 movie per week... siong...

So that's my 2007 for you. As for last year, I made some resolutions:

1) Grow to become a full-fletch shepherd. That's modelling after Benaiah and other brothers
2) Grow as a leader in the NUS ministry. The NUS ministry is in need of male leaders especially and I especially want to grow to meet the need.
3) Grow to become a full-fletch guitarist in the cg. The cg needs guitarists. If not me, then who?
4) Join another ministry if possible. Thinking that it may be time for me to serve more actively in the church.
5) Pull my CAP up to 4.3 to 4.4. An uphill task but I trust in God's providence.
6) Train up for the full marathon and become more fit and able to run for that.
7) To bring more friends to come to know Christ (utmost importance)


So how did I fare? For #1, I think over time I have taken up the role of full-fletched shepherd for Hanes, so considered accomplished. I have also grown to become the full-fletched guitarist for the cg, although that was out of necessity. Have taken over leadership of the cg. Didn't manage to join another ministry but think the BLM is not far away. I managed to pull my cap to a 4.34. Again it was God's providence. I completed my first full marathon, although there was any training. I'm still working for the last one, and anyway, it's an ongoing process.

So what's for this year?

1. Start up my own business
2. Begin investing my own money to somewhere more worthy
3. Grow the cg beyond the current stretch, perhaps beyond +2.
4. I just want to maintain my cap.
5. I want to run more marathons.
6. I want to be caroling guitarist
7. Grow to take care of more sheep.

So, only God will know if I can complete all these resolutions.

Till next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection