My Bucket List

I brought the cg to watch this very interesting movie which I have been waiting for a long time. It's called 'The Bucket List'. To make the long story short, it's about this two guys who found that their days are numbered, and decided to complete a list of things they wanted to do before they 'kick the bucket'. Hence the title. The ending was a touching one, one which I was moved to tears, although I have already known the ending.

I was struck by the reality of life and death in the movie, especially with the central theme focusing on these two guys, acted by Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman by the way. I was already thinking about my own bucket list before I went in to watch the movie. I left the cinema with more questions to ponder than answer to my own list. The movie gave me some food to think about. It asked 2 questions in the film:

1. Have you found joy in your life?
2. Have your life brought joy to other's life?

And a third question popped out in the movie, not spelled out explicitly but implicitly: what are you going to do with your life? Although so, I realise that this is the wrong question to ask. The right question to ask is what is God going to do with our lives?

I think starting from the first question, we need to understand what joy is. But I will skip ahead and say, yes, I have found joy in my life, I have found joy in Jesus Christ. No secret, no mystery, just Jesus. Who can really understand this when I say that yes, you can be sure to find joy in Jesus Christ? In Him I found joy, I found peace, I found grace, I found the meaning. I cannot say for sure regarding the second question. Maybe more the next post.

I will be leaving some room for the next post. Gotta go wash up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection