Endless rattling. Just go lah!!! Talk so much for what?

Something I've been learning is that we should watch and see what God is doing around us and join him. Instead of coming to Him with a list of things we want, even if it is what we think He wants, and demand by faith He gives that to us. Is that true faith? Or a spoilt child insisting his way? What if God has something much better but because we are too stuck onto what we want, we do not ask Him and we cannot hear?


A sister quoted this in her blog. It's quite obvious it's her own quote. However, it set me thinking about a lot of things. Perhaps I have been taking granted for this for quite some time and have not really thought about how people feel on the other end.

This sister has pointed out to me this issue sometime back, that sometimes we dun seem to be following what God wants for our lives. This was in context of outreach. It was a fair statement, and I agree that sometimes, we tend to follow our own path and not seek for God's direction.

I just wonder, sometimes in this context, do we really pray for the people, or do we keep on giving excuses that we should watch and see what God is doing around and join him? So, fair enough, we should join what God is doing. So let's pray and seek God. A few weeks later, I hear the same thing (hypothetical scenario). So what's happening? You tell me you want to seek God and join Him in what He is doing, so what are you doing that is joining God's work? What is God doing? One verse:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.


First thing first, LOOK AT THE BIBLE and UNDERSTAND IT!!!!! First step, know that His will for us as His follower is ultimately the Great Commission. The general bullshit about the need to care for oneself is a fair thing, but we need to grow beyond this bullshit. The general bullshit that we need to seek God and ask Him who He wants us to reach out to is a fair comment but we need to grow beyond this bullshit and GO!!! This is not meant to be angry or what but the verse says it quite clearly, 'GO'. Of course, as we GO, we need to rely on God's Spirit and pray and pray and pray. But what the heck you want to tell me that you want to pray about it? Pray for ten thousand years and Matt 28:19 will still remain Matt 28:19. Even the most prominent friendship evangelist, Andrew, did not hesitate to bring Peter to Christ. Note the crux: HE DIDN"T PRAY TO GOD WHETHER HE SHOULD BRING PETER TO CHRIST OR NOT!!!! That's why I call the 'seeking God' part a general bullshit.

To clarify, I'm praying very hard for my friends now and seeking God on what should I do and seeking God to give me strength. And indeed, I have prayed to Him to increase my burden and my love for people. I want to see them know Christ, quite desperately. So seeking God is not futile but we need to GO.

So people want to see signs and wonder, and I just sigh and wonder. What God is doing and what He wants us to join Him in is quite clear in the Word. I'm an advocate that the Bible's first. What we do has to be grounded upon the Bible and the Spirit will confirm what we are doing. In the midst of doing, praying and seeking God should be a given and I take it for granted that it's a given. That's why I said in the beginning that this is something I have taken for granted and have not considered other's feelings on it. Yet, the quote that the sister has hold true. But the inverse holds some question as well. Are we using God's will as an excuse not to do His will? Do we not know God's will? I'm two hands up when you tell me we need to walk in the Spirit and keep in step with Him.

I'm two hands up when you tell me that the Church needs to join God in His work. But eh...come on, what's His work? Read Acts lah, and know His work. Acts of the Apostles? Better called Acts of the holy Spirit of Jesus Christ. Still dun know? Read John loh, take a closer look at chapter 4. What did it say?

What about prayer? We need to pray! Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh in my comment when I say just 'GO'. Jesus did fast and pray for 40 days before He embarked in His ministry, didn't He? But I just wonder, He fasted because He's not sure? I dun think so. He fasted because He dun know what God is doing and dun know what direction should He be heading towards? I dun think so.

My final comment, we need to 'GO'. The 'who' part and the 'how' part should be the least of our priorities as if we are already seeking God, it should be made clear as we 'GO'!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity