Towards the end

Today I end my exam and therefore, my second last semester at the exam classroom is coming to an end. Reaching this point, it tends to give me a sense of nostalgia in this classroom, especially my own corner. Life has become more bearable after that lonely night with Bowen and more people began to join us since that day, though we ran into some problems and received a bit of scare. But it just makes me look back and think about my time that I have spent here in this classroom.

I started out here in my year 1 days. I wasn't a believer and we just arrived in the classrooms to study. I also blur blur follow the people around, since I didn't really have any place to study. But it became the place where I will witness Christ in everybody's life, especially the part where I see people praying for one another. That's what I saw and that's what I eventually come to believe in: Christ.

It didn't really start out the way that it has been now. I remember, we just come in and use the classroom. Sometimes, people study past midnight and literally just slept there. Gradually, we began to leave our stuff in the classroom because we know that someone will be inside the classroom looking after the stuff. I eventually decided to take up the role of chopping and occupying the classroom at the start of the reading week. It was a decision that I want to make, to benefit the people who will be coming. I remember the sem when we arrived too late in the classroom on sunday and eventually we had to wait until monday morning to be able to occupy the classroom.

The time here in the classroom has many adventures. Sometimes, we become nomads, wondering around E1A, looking for classroom as the PRC scholars needed the classroom to do their bridging course. Sometimes, we got locked out of the classroom. Sometimes, people whom we dun know come in and take photos. Lots of time, we sneak into the RH toilets for shower. Sometimes, we stay up quite late to chat, play guitar, eat supper. Sometimes, we just go for praise and worship. Sometimes, we have kittens with us. Sometimes, we have 1 classroom, sometimes we have 2, occasionally we have 3. We study together, eat together, pray together and support one another. New people join us to stay over. Last time I remember there was Edwin and Jan and gang. There was always me, Bo, ZZ around. Recently, we see YZ, Jalea, Sida and gang staying around. New people, new faces.

And yeah, my time is coming to an end soon in the NUS E1A classroom. It's hard to imagine that I have been here for the past few semesters as the guardian of the classroom, literally became the de facto COS. And I was here as a Christ follower, to bless and not to receive. There were even blood stain at my corner to mark my presence =P. I wonder if there will be anyone who will dare to take up the corner and take up the role of guarding the classroom?

The classroom provides a sanctuary for us to study, and to fellowship. If there is no classroom, then another place would have to be found. Where exactly? I don't know. Exam becomes a time when we can draw nearer to God, or we stray away from God. I can't wait to see what the exam sanctuary will be like in one year's time, when I come back and take a look at what's going on. Who will be the COS? Who will be the ones staying over?

Well, I have stayed the good stay and occupied the good corner for quite the time already. Next sem will be my last, but it will be the time when we see people taking more initiative?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity