I am a 'D'

I did the DISC personality profiling (said to be 99% accurate) during the YG conference that I have attended over the weekend. According to the result, I am a pure 'D' person, and the only one (I think) in the entire conference that time.

According to the personality system overview, I'm generally direct, decisive, have high ego strength, a problem solver, risk taker and self-starter. My value to team is that I'm a bottom line organiser, places high value on time, challenges the status quo and is innovative. I'm possibly going to experience weaknesses in overstepping authority, having argumentative attitude, dislike routine and attempts too much at once.

So according to my pattern description, I am an establisher/visionary/one who developes. It describes here:

Individuals who are establishers exhibit a powerful, individualistic approach, especially towards new challenges and opportunities; they frequently demostrate a high ego strength. Establishers want excitement and sometimes jump into new adventures before thinking them through fully. They can make demands upon people and situations in order to accomplish their goals, and may be very direct and uncommunicative under pressure. Establishers dun always collect facts before making a decision. Establishers like to win at any cost. Establishers are opportunity creators; they possess a vision of the big picture and can move a project forward with great enthusiasm. When they are caught up in accomplishing the task, they may tend to ignore the emotional side of the people involved. Establishers should strive to achieve self-control and self-discipline while cultivating their emotional side in order to be more sensitive of others' feelings and perceived as friendly. Risk takers, people see them as bold, confident, and courageous. Establishers are great visionaries who possess the enthusiasm to make a new idea work without letting obstacles get in the way.


I was like 'whoa, how true is this'. Not that I'm not aware of it, but when you are reading it black and white, you seem to be reading yourself. Of course, not everything here are that prominent and dominant in my life. But yet, when David was explaining the thing, I found myself agreeing with one thing, that our personality should be complemented by the leading of the Spirit and not by our own personality itself. Just because I am a 'D', it does not mean that I need to act like a 'D' with all the characteristics, and weaknesses in a package.

It is a time of introspection to know myself better. I'm thinking about how I lead my cg. I realise, yeah, I can be very demanding at times (at least to my core team), I screech when I dun see things happening. I'm super task-oriented and result-oriented also, especially when it comes to the cg. Think sometimes, people from my team and groups get that from me as well.

Oh well, if anyone wanna comment on my personality, do go ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity