Nice time and some reflection

Haven't posted anything substantial over the past few weeks. Just felt compelled to post something here tonight.

I went back to NUS last night to attend the MadHatter event organised by the History Dept. For some background, this is an event organised yearly by the history dept to celebrate the 'coming of age' for the honours year cohort every year. My batch had the privilege of being the first batch to grace this event.

As we were catching up with one another, it really warmed my heart. Although most of my classmates are teachers now, and sometimes they really talk about work and teaching, we are the same beneath in our hearts. When we talk about history, we are all on the same page and our passion in history continues. It just makes me miss the time in school, and it makes me wanna pursue my post-grad in history. But that one pending for further thoughts. It was really a fun time for all of us.


It prompted one thing to me. We really need to cherish our time with one another. At the end of the day, we may go through a lot of tough times and those times may prompt us to give up, but these are the times that we will remember the most and cherish the most when we looked back after that. It happens in our own Christian walk too. Our lives in Christ is not a bed of roses, and this has its own reasons. At the end of the day, our relationship with God cannot grow without test and trials, without those tough times. Even as I go through dry periods and tough times, these are the times when I will say that I learn most about God and His ways. These are the times when I can encourage my people with. Of course we can paint our walk with God as a nice picture, but people are not stupid. There is a reason why tough times happen to us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection