What now after YG Camp

When I first conceptualised the YG Camp with my team, we had no intention to leave like that as just a camp that fires us up and nothing gets done after that. Mission is an area of our lives which we need to follow through once we responded to the call. The calling to fulfill the Great Commission is a calling for all Christians, not just the 11 jokers who will eventually die for that particular calling. We hope to follow through on the camp, and indeed, WJ did ask the people to pray and respond accordingly. The rest is really up to the people to see if they will really follow through on their response. I hope I can.

For now, some of the things I know I want to do in preparation for what's next include:

Masters of Arts in Christian Apologetics
I was a bit fixated on an in-campus stint with Biola, when I realised that I could have taken a distance learning route. Having such a degree does not really mean I will become proficient in church planting, but on top of fulfilling my interest in Christian Apologetics, the course will also equip me with knowledge on bible studies, which will be helpful in building myself up in my knowledge of the Word. A distance learning route will mean that I can continue working in Singapore while doing my studies, and also mean that I don't have to spend too much money on my stay in Biola, which I need to do so for about two weeks every year. This route will also allow myself to manage my finance a bit better and not derail me away from my calling to fulfill the Great Commission.

Short Term Missions
I hope to go for at least two STMs this year. In particular, knowing that we are planning to start a once-per-month service in Batam, I would certainly hope to be able to contribute and I hope to go back to Batam to speak to my friend's pastor about the spiritual condition of Batam currently. And I do hope also to make an preliminary exploration trip to Bali. Why these two places? Because the potential to do business is there and cost is low, and it's near Singapore. For the moment, I think I can contribute what I can contribute. On top of these two destinations, trips to South Korea, Johannesburg, Japan are also possible, depending on the doors God opens. At this point, I felt that I can be a mobiliser and slowly grow to be a sender and goer. In the meanwhile, it's good to start thinking and forming my own mission team.

Brush up my guitaring skills
I have another two to three years to get myself ready. By then, I want to level up both my A-guit and E-guit skills. This means that I need to go back for more lessons, either to Believer Music or other schools such as the Music Lab. My skill level is still too low, after a few months of playing on stage and I feel that this is not very good, in terms of my worship to God in this area.

Prepare for Marriage
No, I am not going to be attached yet. But I am not planning to be single forever. Preparing for marriage now simply means to prepare myself as the godly man that the godly sister deserves. There is a saying, 'to get a Proverbs 31 woman, you must first be a Proverbs 1-30 man.' I once heard a wedding sermon in a Catholic wedding, when the priest preached somewhere along the line that it takes a godly man to give the wife no excuse to nag or complain or be quarrelsome. And also need to save up for marriage. Unfortunately, while most of my colleagues, church brothers and sisters, and many friends are concerned about my maritial status, it is not going to happen anytime soon. So let's just leave it at that. But I do hope that by the time I go, there will be one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection