Genes vs Design

I am currently reading LKY's Hard Truth, along with the many books I am reading now. I am pretty 'disgusted' by his adamant view on genetic Darwinism, that intelligence is inherited and all the examples he cited have certain flaws in them. I still believe in creationism (not without intellectual warrant), that we are who we are because God created us, though He may make use of the genetics from our parents, it does not necessarily follow that we will be the same as them.

Going back to his example... I think the examples he cited are people who are in families with enough resources to nurture the young minds at a very young age. Everyone is born with a certain degree of intelligence, but I am inclined to think that those born in more privileged environment are more in the position to harness those potential simply because they have the resources to do what they want to do. Poor folks like me will have to save and make do with what I have.

Eventually, LKY's theory of genetics is one aspect of his which disgusted me, though I agree with him wholeheartedly with his political and social views.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection