Woes on me, wealth to them

My first foray with my Macbook Pro is not a very pleasant one, not because of the laptop itself but because of my mobile broadband, which almost tore my hair off. You see, I have this M1 mobile broadband which is supposedly compatible with Mac, or at least the internal software should be compatible. But when I installed the firmware, things never happen... even after I downloaded the supposedly latest software from the M1 website... woe no. 1.

Then I borrowed my father's mobile broadband from Starhub (woe no. 2) and it worked fine upon installation of the device... until it started giving me problems by connecting to the GPRS instead of the 3G network (woe no. 3). So I decided to switch to my wireless which wasn't that reliable since I can't seem to connect onto the network sometimes and in fact, the first few times I tried, I never seem to connect (woe no. 4).

Finally, I think God provided a way out and I just went straight into the Vodafone website to download the latest software for my USB stick... Finally it worked! And the latest software can detect my airport and monitor the connection. Well done!

Now, woes to M1. I think I will stick with M1 as a mobile subscriber but to think I pay $34 per month to be holding on to a USB stick that doesn't deliver its promises, and they dun even provide proper support in their website to the extent that I have to go straight to the manufacturer (normal people would never have thought of this)... This really irked me a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection