Where is the line?

Today's ST reported that SGH has put up signs in all its wards to remind visitors against proselytising after a volunteer from the Church of Praise was found recently evangelising to a patient and was told to leave... a certain Paul Tobin, president of a certain Humanist Society in Singapore called the move a positive step in the right direction...

My foot a right direction...

I have always maintained my view that Singapore, being a society where religions are free to practice, should allow its religions to practice freely. Where is religious freedom when you allowed a religion which mandate is to make disciples of all nations and is to convert as many disciples as possible to practice without that mandate? It's like telling PAP to run the government without giving them the right to run the government. I seriously think our society needs to wake up its idea.

And besides, where does the line for proselytising stands? Where is it drawn? To a non-Christian, the mere act of me sharing my testimony on how God blessed me can be perceived as such an act. Surprisingly, and amusingly, if someone comes up to me and share that the Mr Guan blessed him with a 4D win, it would never be seen as proselytising. Isn't that true?

And to Mr Paul Tobin, what on earth do you mean by 'right direction'? On what basis do you call that a 'right direction'?

Singaporeans nowadays....

PS: To the anonymous who has given your comments, I have rejected your comment because you have failed to identify yourself. Until you prove your own identity, I will not post up your comment. Partly because I want people who post their comments in this blog to be responsible and not just give anonymous feedback which to me is not feedback or comment at all. But rest assured, I will comment on your comment in my next post, as I have always done so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity