I penned this down in Facebook: 'In times of trouble, in times of trial, I can only say, "thank You, Jesus"'

Didn't know what prompted me to think of this, it must be the Holy Spirit. This just happens to be a busy period for me, with work and ministry confluencing together. Of course, it comes with certain difficulties, and it is easy to be embittered and for grudges to appear and unhappiness to surface. But I guess this is the time when we need to thank God the most, for gratitude is food to the soul. The bible says to thank God in all circumstances, and in the Lord's Prayer, when we prayed 'hallowed be Your Name', it's Jesus teaching us that praise and gratitude comes top in our prayer and should come in our prayer as naturally as our other prayer requests.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection