Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, or each one should carry their own load. Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor. - Galatians 6:1-6
I am still trying to figure this out. The Holy Spirit has been prompting me this passage for the past few days But I have been asking God what this means currently in my own relationship with Him and with other people. This is the first time God gave me a verse and I have difficulty in trying to understand its significance in my life and ministry currently.

Perhaps it is a warning to me, that I cannot think of myself as something when I am not. Perhaps it is an exhortation to share the good things from the instructions in the word. Or maybe it is to encourage me to restore those who are caught in sin gently, just that there is only one such person in mind currently and I think that person is recovering well.

Still thinking and praying. It is exciting to figure out God's word in our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection