Being a superman


Listening to this Jay Chou song (yes, I'm still a fan of his music... not him per se though he is talented enough musically) just sort of touch a nerve in my heart. Thinking of my own leadership experience in church and I wonder how many people often have the perception that their leaders are supermen or superwomen, thus having unrealistic expectation on them? How many leaders, not only in Hope, became the victims of unrealistic expectation being thrusted upon them by the people they lead?

Perhaps as followers, we also ought to ask ourselves this question if we are unilaterally assuming that our leaders are superpeople without realising that they are human like us. Perhaps before we start to be harsh on the leadership, may I just ask people if they apply the same standard and expectation by which they judge their leaders on themselves?

I just wonder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection