The CHC reaction

Again, I think there is no last word on this saga. It is appearing big time on newspapers and a lot of people have commented so much on it that I feel like telling them to shut up and just watch what God can do in such a situation in His mercy and His grace. Talk is cheap but deed is deep. Yet, one point that people have been bringing up consistently, and I thought I shall want to offer my own take on this.

This incident reminds me, as I have mentioned in my previous post, of what happened in Hope in 2009. This was preceded by the Planetshaker scandal. During that period of time, my leader decided that she was not doing well enough to lead us. Someone then pointed me to this verse:
Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves or you also may be tempted. Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks they are something they are not, they deceive themselves. Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load. - Galatians 6:1-5
Perhaps this verse reminds me more than any other things that people are saying online that we need to restore the person gently. For Kong Hee and his folks, they may be guilty. We don't know. (I will be fairly amused the day the court decides that they are not guilty and will await to see the reaction of the critics) But even if there has been sins, the people online are saying it right. NCCS is saying it right: to keep the people affected and their families in prayer. We often forget that they are the worst victims of their own sins. We are called by God to gently restore these people.

Of course, that being said, it is up to CHC and their affiliated churches to decide on this. I am in no position to tell the world or rather CHC how to restore Kong Hee and his folks, if really at the end of the day, it is proven without reasonable doubt that they are guilty. God will continue to do His work, and He will continue to see His justice mended out at the end days. There is no need for us, especially Christ believers, to become spiritual vigilante and proclaim justice for God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection