Heart of a servant


I was listening to this song for the past week and it is going to be the song for this season of my life. It is especially meaningful, particularly when I was preparing for a teaching on the race we run for last night's LG. The lyrics, especially the chorus, is just beautiful:

Standing in awe of Your grace
setting my feet in Your ways
entering into Your presence
to behold You face to face

God of all heaven and earth
holding me in Your embrace
unfailing love that surrounds me
Oh God i stand amazed

my Jesus my Lord
You're the love of my life
wherever You go wanna be by Your side
no longer i but Christ living in me
serving You for all eternity

my eyes set on You
in this race that i run
no longer my ways let Your will be done
Make me a servant my heart's ever true
clinging to the cross i'll follow You
i'll follow You

I was particularly captured by the line, "my eyes set on You, in this race that I run". I was teaching last night, that Hebrews 12:1-3 encourages the believers to run the race marked out for us with perseverance, fixing our eyes on Jesus. There is one reason why we fix our eyes on Jesus. Because He ran the race Himself, He ran the race towards the cross and at the end of the day, died for us on the cross. That's why we can confidently call Him the High Priest who can identify with us in all our struggles. But more importantly, the verses are after Hebrews 11 and one thing that stuck out to me in the passage is that these saints died without seeing God's promises coming to pass and yet they maintained their faith in God, trusting in Him. My question to myself is whether in whatever circumstances, am I ready to let God's will be done in my life?

By the way, another shot of my LG photo below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection