Preaching the Word as a teacher

I was just remembering the first time I heard the Christian message. I was sitting in the LT through an English Literature lecture. My lecturer in Gothic Lit in JC is a Christian and an incredible teacher. He sat us through a lecture on the Christian message and what Christianity is all about, with the rationale that English Lit authors grew up in a Christian environment and they inevitably use Christian images in their writings and we need to understand what these images are all about.
I guess as I sat through the lecture, I learned a lot about Christianity, more than what I expected because when I was talking about Christianity with the people in Hope three years later in NUS, they were surprised that I knew more about the faith than the normal average passer-by.
My lecturer, in other word, skillfully preached the message of the faith to his English Lit class...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection