A material blessing

I remember a few years back when I first got my current job and I was asked to give a testimony on stage on how God has blessed my job search. And I remember telling people that God gave me a job with a comfortable salary. When I returned to the exam HQ in NUS, one brother did a calculation and commented that it was disgusting for starting salary.

Now moving into my fourth year, I have seen six salary adjustments - two structural adjustment, two merit increments and two promotion increments. When I looked at the latest increment, I can only be reminded on how God has blessed me so much, including this area of finance, to the point that I can only think of giving back. In actual fact, I think this is really what God meant when He exhorted us to seek Him and His righteousness first. We do not need to be worried about our needs as our first priority should be to do what pleases Him and to seek His rule in our life, in the context of the passage.

And yes, at this point, I don't need to be worried as I know God is behind me. Even today if I lose my job, I have come to realise that He is all I need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity