God provides enough for us

This is a series of reflections that I sent to my fiancee from my own Bible readings. I have posted them in this blog so that it is easier to keep track for future reflections. 

Moses said to them, “It is the bread the LORD has given you to eat. 16 This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Everyone is to gather as much as they need. Take an omer l for each person you have in your tent.’ ”
17 The Israelites did as they were told; some gathered much, some little. 18 And when they measured it by the omer, the one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little. Everyone had gathered just as much as they needed. - Ex 16:15–18.
I was reading this passage this morning. Was reminded of the need to know that God always gives us enough. The episode with regard to the collection of manna reminds that I need to trust God for our providence the next day and today he has given us what we need.

I was reflecting further and asked myself, am I able to pray and tell God that "give me this day my daily bread"? I think I need to settle my heart with God with regard to this reality first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity