See the works of God in our lives

This is a series of reflections that I sent to my fiancee from my own Bible readings. I have posted them in this blog so that it is easier to keep track for future reflections. 
30 That day the LORD saved Israel from the hands of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians lying dead on the shore. 31 And when the Israelites saw the mighty hand of the LORD displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the LORD and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant. - Ex 14:30–31.
We know that the Israelites forgot the mighty hand of God when they were wondering in the wilderness, but at this particular moment, after the LORD God led the nation of Israel through the Red Sea and dissipated the Egyptian army, the works of God in Israel's life demanded a response from the people, and they responded with fear of God and trust in His servant Moses.

Similarly, just asking myself if the works of God in my own life, in our relationship so far, in your own life, in our ministries, in our families etc, have we responded appropriately to His works, or do we take it as an entitlement - that God ought to help us, God ought to deliver us, He has an obligation to make our path smooth etc?

I think it is not a general thing - that you and I can respond positively to some works, like if we visibly see, for example, <name deleted> suddenly finds a job and her OCD disappears and no longer looks for a guy as a default, it is easier for us to see God's hand clearly in the work compared to say, a normal day where I successfully go through without a churning stomach. I feel that from this perspective, it is then not how we respond to God generally, but which situations or what kind of circumstances we respond with the fear and trust and what kind of circumstances we dun. And why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity