The definite growth of the Kingdom

This is a series of reflections that I sent to my fiancee from my own Bible readings. I have posted them in this blog so that it is easier to keep track for future reflections. 
30 Again he said, “What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it? 31 It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds on earth. 32 Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds can perch in its shade.” - Mk 4:30–32.
The kingdom of God starts small but will grow big. But how fast will it grow? What is the rate of growth here? I wonder if God really cares if it grows fast, and how should we view the Kingdom of God when there is apparently nothing being advanced? But what is clear here is that the kingdom of God will definitely grow.

Bring that a bit further, sometimes we just cannot force the pace of things, especially our own ministry to go our way at the rate and pace that we so desire. Thinking about my own ministry, I never/seldom thought of pushing them beyond a pace that I can't cope and I tend to leave it to God to grow at the pace that He wills. We may be discouraged by chaos, slow growth or even a lack of progress in terms of the number of people we brought to Christ, in terms of the growth and development/discipleship of the people we are discipling etc, but we do not need to give up because at the end of the day, we do what we can and the growth comes from the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection